I have been sewing and spinning and knitting for years, but this was my first year blogging everything I made. Along the way it has been about having the record, and sharing my thoughts through the process of making a wardrobe at home. Today looking back at what I created this year I am realizing that I accomplished more than I give myself credit for.
I have 13 knitting FOs this year (2 of them not yet blogged here, you’ll see them in the new year). They’re split among:
- 8 garments: Mia, Winter Traveller, Tutu Top, Big Girl Dress, Delineate, Paloma, Jean, and Daisy’s Sweater
- 4 accessories: Cadeautje, Marin, and 2 items you’ll see next year
- 1 decor item: Advent Garland
I have 12 sewing FOs this year. They’re split among:
- 9 garments: Candy Plaid Out and About Dress, Buffalo Plaid Laurel, Chambray Everyday Skirt, Chambray Shorts, Poplin Archer, Myla Tank, Rayon Archer, Slim Sweats, and Dia Sweater.
- 1 accessory: Fol-Fox Scarf
- 2 decor items: Monkey’s Pillow and Blanket
I had 4 spins this year, including a sweater quantity. They were:
I tried two other crafts this year. They were:
The Best Thing I Made This Year
Without a doubt, my Advent Garland is the star of this year’s creations. The colors, the designs, everything about it makes my heart sing. I hope it will be part of my family’s traditions for the rest of our lives.
Looking at the mountain of work I completed this year, I see how much time I have been able to carve out for making this year. I make room for knitting and sewing more naturally, other crafts only happen with concerted planning or as part of social crafting. Most of my projects are for myself, with my daughter as the next most common recipient. I work mostly with pink, green, and blue.
That wraps up my look back at my making in 2016. Are you pleased with what you made this year? What was your very favorite project?